At National E Solutions, we help hospitals, dentist offices, and pharmaceutical facilities throughout the country keep their patients and staff safe and protected from contaminated air and the bacteria, funguses, and viruses that accompany it by installing sophisticated VidaShield air purification systems.
While hospitals do their best to address these types of issues, there are still cases of hospital-associated infections which suggest that we may need to do more, or something different, to reduce the threat of bacteria and fungi and ensure that indoor air is purified, clean, and free from contaminants that can transmit infections. So, in the spirit of spring cleaning your indoor air, let’s take a look at how it’s done and why your facility needs it.
Protection by VidaShield
VidaShield technology uses fixtures installed in the ceiling to capture and disinfect contaminated air. By drawing this air in and exposing it to ultraviolet-C (UV-C) rays, pathogens, pollens, and mold spores are converted into harmless inert byproducts in a 7-step process.
1. Utilizing an inconspicuous vent located on the face of the fixture, airborne microorganisms like fungi, bacteria, and even viruses are pulled through VidaShield fixture.
2. A replaceable electrostatic filter sits inside the fixture, and pathogens pass through the MERV6 filter to enter the irradiation chamber. The filter captures dust and other particulates to protect the fans and lighting systems and keep the lamp clean for maximum efficacy.
3. Producing room-level differential pressure, air is gently drawn into the vent at a rate of 50 cubic feet per minute.
4. Once the air and microorganisms contained in it enter the vent, they are guided into a mirrored chamber containing the UV-C light.
5. This light is highly-specialized, operating at 253.7 nanometers. It offers protection from contaminated air by purifying it 24 hours a day.
6. Once the air is purified, it gets pushed through an opposing vent.
7. The newly-cleaned air is evenly circulated back into the area.
Professional Installation by National E Solutions
At National E Solutions, we’re proud to keep patients in healthcare facilities across the country protected from airborne contaminants with our expert installations of VidaShled air purification systems. In fact, we’re currently installing VidaShields in a VA Medical Center to help improve patient outcomes in an area of the hospital, which is a unit for patients who are recovering from joint surgeries who are sometimes in the hospital for up to 3 weeks. Want to know if a VidaShield installation is right for your facility? For more information call National E Solutions today at 877-799-1840.